Single storey extension joists.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a warm deck put on my new extension.

Within the walls is 100mm dritherm & celotex is on the roof.

Before the inspector comes I'm wondering if the gaps between the joist, that sit on the wall, need filling.

I was gonna cut celotex and push in the gaps. Is this sufficient for building control. The roofer said it would be fine but would it be better to use thermalite blocks to offer more support to the joists?

Here is a pic, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Wall and roof insulation should be continuous.

There should be a method of preventing the roof joists from twisting

Sponsored Links
Your insulation envelope should be continuous to meet up with the warm roof.
As tony said, pack out with glass wool.

The simple answer is - no...pinenot :)

Why do you keep muddying the waters making these statements without giving proper constructive answers?

You are only serving to confuse genuine posters with your non conforming theories of good building practice.

If you can be bothered to read the posters original question which asked should I fill the joist/wall gaps before the the building inspector i.e. is this required, the answer is no in my opinion. Who the hell are you to to lecture me on pointless posts, when you can post such drivel as this...pinenot

If you can be bothered to read the posters original question which asked should I fill the joist/wall gaps before the the building inspector i.e. is this required, the answer is no in my opinion. Who the hell are you to to lecture me on pointless posts, when you can post such drivel as this...pinenot

So it's not needed for building regs but as I have some celotex left it won't hurt to use it?

So it's not needed for building regs but as I have some celotex left it won't hurt to use it?

Between the joists, it's much easier to pack mineral wool in than trying to cut boards to fit, while making sure there are no air gaps.

Not at all, there may also be an insulation benefit, although I doubt it...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back