Siting of combi-boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of replacing my old back boiler with a combi-boiler. I have a garage at the front of the house that is 1 metre away from the house and is connected via a porch. Can the boiler be sited in the garage with the flue coming out from the garage wall? I can insulate the pipes from the house to the garage to minimise heat loss.
PS The garage has a flat roof (could the flue go through the roof of the garage?)

Sponsored Links
Can the boiler be sited in the garage with the flue coming out from the garage wall?

Yes it can

I can insulate the pipes from the house to the garage to minimise heat loss.

wise decision

The garage has a flat roof (could the flue go through the roof of the garage?)

Possible though more expensive

;)

Another couple of questions:-

1) Can a combi boiler work with a 'single pipe' heating system?

2) How many inputs/outputs are there for a combi boiler? I am guessing that there is a input/ouput for the heating 'loop', a cold water input and a hot water output, so 4!

3) Is the programmer part of the boiler?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Another couple of questions:-

1) Can a combi boiler work with a 'single pipe' heating system?

2) How many inputs/outputs are there for a combi boiler? I am guessing that there is a input/ouput for the heating 'loop', a cold water input and a hot water output, so 4!

3) Is the programmer part of the boiler?

Thanks

1)yes, but 2 pipe is much better and worth the extra time/money to install/update.

2)+prv discharge, +condensate

3)probably not the best idea if boiler in garage.

:eek: :eek:

Why dont you ask your installer for advice. Thats what we are here for.
Or are you going to DIY :?:

Point a lot of people miss is combi should be as near as possible to point of use eg the taps

Thanks for the advice. I will be doing a lot of the preparation work so that all the heating engineer will need to do is take the feeds that I prepare from the house and fit and connect the boiler. The boiler will only be around 2 - 3 metres from the downstairs taps and around around 6 metres from the bathroom taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back