Skimming the ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had to remove a small amount of wallpaper from the ceiling in our bedroom. As I pulled it off some plaster came with it. In the past our bedroom must have been artexed and someone has come along and skimmed over it to give it a nice smooth finish.

As it's just a small amount I can skim over it myself, but what should I use?

Is there a ready mixed option I can use? I've seen a bucket of 'ready mixed' patching plaster in Wickes - will this be alright?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Hi Carl,

Never used ready-mixed myself so can't comment though would expect it to be ok.

How big is the patch? you could use easifill as this will also sand down once dry, nice and smooth AND easily, depends on how you are with a trowel mate

The patch ended up about a foot square.

Where can I buy easifill from?

Thanks.

Easifill should be available in most merchants, could also look at GTEC Allset Xtra (Previously Easy Finish) - basically the same stuff made by lafarge.

Sponsored Links
easifill is made by British gypsum, you'll get it from jewson probably but largarges is the same stuff, wickes do a version also, labeled primarily as jointing compound but a little reading shows it's for all sorts of repairs too, all come in a green and white bag of 12.5kg

Hi carlnorwich,
you would be best advised to Pva the affected area before patching it, let the first 3to1 coat dry and re-coat 6to1 applying the patch plaster whilst still tacky, all the best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back