SKY and Virgin Cable

Sponsored Links
I worked for Virgin Media cable (way back when they used to be United Artists) and a regular gripe of the repair techs was that an installer had re-used the satellite TV cables internally which weren't up to spec and could cause poor reception.

If the cable is marked CT100, WC100 or WF100 it should be fine. Other spec cables may cause issues on longer runs.

Thanks, I am getting another couple of virgin boxes in other rooms in my house and want to use sky cables i have already in place!

Another quick Q.

Is there any other method in connecting the connecters onto the cable without using wire crimps! (as it is one tool i dont have!)

Sponsored Links
Is there any other method in connecting the connecters onto the cable without using wire crimps! (as it is one tool i dont have!)

Just buy screw on connectors, and they literally screw onto the cable, all you need is a sharp knife.
Fitting guide
I wouldn't worry about the silicone grease unless its for an external fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back