Sl compact alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an sl compact alarm in my flat. I used to work fine but then one day it stopped bleeping when I would come home. I don't kn ow how to get bit back to normal. Any help is much appreciated as I am rubbish with this type of thing.

Kate

Sponsored Links
Is the door chime( if fitted with a contact on the door) working ? Does the alarm set with exit tones but not give entry tone when you come back ? If so probably a sticking door contact .

I don't think there is anything on the door but it used to bleep when I came in until I typed my code in and now it does not.

Kate :confused:

Have a look on the door it will be either a surface contact 10 mm x 50mm or a concealed contact in the frame or it could be a pir in the hallway not picking up

Sponsored Links
it looks like there is a small bit at the bottom of the door frame with wires. Could it be that? I don't know how to fix anything like that.

Kate

I don't understand any of it, I'll ask my dad but we've never had an alarm so he prob won't be able to help.

Kate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back