SL8 Alarm (8SP 402 SL8 G3 Panel with remote LED Keypad)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have this system in a flat I rent out. Tenant has just advised it's not working. When they enter the 4 digit code they're not hearing the 20-30 sec beeping 'arming/setting' sounds and the alarm doesn't appear to be setting. The sensors still go red when walked in-front of but no alarm sounds.

On the keypad all the lights down the left side (Zone 1 - Zone 8, Tamper, Attack) are not lit. The keys with numbers 0-9 are lit and the keys underneath aren't lit (Chime, Omit, Reset, Prog, Set.) Keypad same as this:

http://www.alertelectrical.com/uploads/prod/11_343_e.jpg

I'm aware there are engineering codes etc that can be entered to test/reset the system, can anyone advise as to the easiest way to do this? I'd like to try things myself first prior to calling anyone out in case it can be resolved by pressing a few keys ;)

Sponsored Links
Do keys bleep when pressed ? Have they had a power cut ? When did it last have a battery ? .......

Do keys bleep when pressed ? Have they had a power cut ? When did it last have a battery ? .......

i think the keys beep when pressed. not sure re power cut. i've had the place since 2008 and defo no battery changed in that time. do you reckon changing the battery is a good thing to try re: rectifying the issue?

I won't be able to see it myself until after xmas and new year now.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes when the battery is not up to scratch and a minor power cut happens , it can stall the panel , it may be a down power and new battery , but it may be something else !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back