Slate Roof Tiles - Coping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A while ago I raised the height of the roof on my attached garage. There is a small concrete block wall above the garage door which is rendered on both the front and back.

I had a builder over when I raised it and he rendered it for me as a favour. At the time of doing the rendering, he advised that I put some coping stones at the top of the wall so that rain water doesn't collect on top of it.

I have some slate roof tiles and have been wondering if I could use these as coping above the wall? Could I use sand and cement above the wall and then the tiles on top of this sand and cement? Would the cement mixture hold the slate tiles in place?

(I'm thinking of layering another layer of slate tiles above the first layer with another course of sand and cement in between them?)

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back