sliding patio door new cylinder

New lock fitted, cost half the price. thanks

I have the same lock, how did you get the barrel out of the handle? as I would like to purchase this new lock also.

Hi sorry I haven`t replied sooner, had problems with my laptop. I am no diy-er but, mangaged this quiet easily. Can you still unlock the patio door which will be a help when putting the screws back as you have to put a little pressure to the outside to get the screw tightened, unless someone else can go outside while you are on the inside, otherwise if you can open the door still you can do it yourself. Just below the lock is a screw, you have to take this out all the way, it is a long screw, you then have to loosen the bottom screw, but not all the way, the handle will drop down and you can push the barrel out. In mine there is this small copper looking ring that must stay there, do not throw away. When I got the new cylinder/barrel there was an extra long bit on it, you have to remove this, just line up the flat sides , remembering which way the key goes in, like I said before if your door is a locked position someone will have to go outside to hold the handle in place while you put the screw back, On the outside you have to make sure the round bit just below the lock is flush with the handle, either you or someone else will have to put a little pressure on this while you tighten the screw. Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
New lock fitted, cost half the price. thanks

I have the same lock, how did you get the barrel out of the handle? as I would like to purchase this new lock also.

Hi sorry I haven`t replied sooner, had problems with my laptop. I am no diy-er but, mangaged this quiet easily. Can you still unlock the patio door which will be a help when putting the screws back as you have to put a little pressure to the outside to get the screw tightened, unless someone else can go outside while you are on the inside, otherwise if you can open the door still you can do it yourself. Just below the lock is a screw, you have to take this out all the way, it is a long screw, you then have to loosen the bottom screw, but not all the way, the handle will drop down and you can push the barrel out. In mine there is this small copper looking ring that must stay there, do not throw away. When I got the new cylinder/barrel there was an extra long bit on it, you have to remove this, just line up the flat sides , remembering which way the key goes in, like I said before if your door is a locked position someone will have to go outside to hold the handle in place while you put the screw back, On the outside you have to make sure the round bit just below the lock is flush with the handle, either you or someone else will have to put a little pressure on this while you tighten the screw. Hope this helps.

My door has this lock fitted but is jammed lock is there an easy way to open it or has anyone a pic of the actual locking mechanism

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back