slipper bath water leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my slipper bath is leaking water down one leg and has been for 2 days, i can think of where its coming from, can anyone help, it hasnt got any cracks in the bath, please help.

Sponsored Links
Leaving aside what a slipper bath is, for a moment, is the water running/dripping constantly, or only when you use the bath, or when?

Softus said:
Leaving aside what a slipper bath is, for a moment, is the water running/dripping constantly, or only when you use the bath, or when?

its dripping constantly and hasnt stopped for over a week.

Sponsored Links
I'll sneak in while Softus is away ;)

If it's dripping all the time, then it sounds like a leak, not in the bath itself, but the supply, such as a tap connector. Is the water at the tap end?

Does this bath have panelling round it; are you able to see the pipework and the underside of the taps? If you can see the drip, put a pan under it (if you haven't already) to prevent the flooring getting wetter.

How long has the bath been installed, and, how long has it been dripping? Has anything been moved or serviced recently, on or around the bath?

its only been installed about a month and the leak isnt at the tap end its the opposite end, its a clearwater twin skinned sipper bath so the only thing i could think of it water has leaked through the overflow and between the twin skin and is coming out through the skrew hole where the leg is skrewed in but i dont know if that possible.

kaz285 said:
and the leak isnt at the tap end its the opposite end, its a clearwater twin skinned sipper bath so the only thing i could think of it water has leaked through the overflow and between the twin skin and is coming out through the skrew hole where the leg is skrewed in but i dont know if that possible.

Hadn't thought of that, could be poss, never seen it. If you shine a strong torch from the inside you might be able to see if there is water in the space.

kaz285 said:
its only been installed about a month

Aha :idea: Best call the installers back then :!:

I haven't seen one of these first hand, although I've spent a few minutes browing the InterWeb to see what they're like.

Have you made absolutely sure that the water isn't starting higher up and running down/around the outer surface until it reaches one of the feet?

If it's not that, then logic says that it must be coming from between the layers. If so, if could still be a tap, or an accumulation of water that leaked from the waste when the bath was full.

Either way you run the risk of invalidating the warranty if you start dismantling to do the fault-finding, so JohnD's advice has to be the best of all - call the installer back and ask them to remedy the fault under the terms of your warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back