Sludge and white in Central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an unpressurised central heating system (Underfloor heating up and downstairs) and recently had to replace a shower - which meant removing the hot tank. On hooking everything back up and letting things settle/re-fill (the tank feeds have isolation valves so I didn't drain the heating system fully) I've got problems with the boiler complaining about circulation issues. On looking in the header tank I was greeted by the sight below.. I believe the system had sentinel x100 inhibitor in it.

On starting to try and clear this out it seems very thin, but
1) could it be causing my problem or have I just most likely introduced a load of air into the system that I need to get out?
2) Reading round the other posts it sounds like I should drain the system, clean out the header tank thoroughly, dose with x400 or similar?
3) There are only two towel radiators on the system, the rest is plastic underfloor heating pipe, aluminium manifolds and copper etc. I'm assuming there's little point in installing a magnaclean or is it still a good idea?

thanks

Trev

Attachments

• headertank2.jpg
    headertank2.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 149
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back