Sludge Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a sticky 3-way valve on a 10 year old system. This system has only ever had fresh water in it.

What I plan to do it put some sludge removal in (X400 or Fernox equiv), flush it and then put the inhibitor in.

I would like to do this in a single day and not have to wait for a week whilst the cleaner does its job.

What would be the best method for acheiving this in a single day? Maybe there is no other way apart from waiting. Also what is better Fernox or Sentinal.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If you want to do it in a day, hire a power flushing machine or use a more aggressive acid cleaner and be prepared for leaks.

If you don't want to hire a machine, allow a week or two.

X400 loosens a lot of stuff.

If you can afford £100 or so, buy and fit a Magnaclean which will trap all the black sediment the cleaner loosens, and will go on trapping it even after you have flushed out the system and refilled with inhibitor for years to come (no cleaning method gets it all out).

Firstly I would expect the valve to need replacing anyway.

No difference between Fernox or Sentinel, both brand leaders in ch cleansing. Down to personal choice.

If you want to do a faster flush then use Sentinel X800 or Fernox equivalent.

If you can get hold of it use Sentinel Ferroquest. It is labelled as a one-visit cleaning treatment. My local Plumb Center stock it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back