Small Alternative to gravity fed hot water system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a gravity fed system, which was fitted around 1988. A copper tank with a jacket and heated by a single immersion element.

Above the copper tank is a large black plastic water tank 60cm (w) x 60cm (d) x 80cm (h) made by Harton Heating.

I am in need of more space. Our hot water system has been out of action and realised we are not so reliant on it. As for hot water we have electric shower (we mostly take showers) and in the kitchen the washing machine only needs cold feed. We don't do as much washing up as we have a dishwasher.

I am wondering what option there are for me, to replace this with something smaller?

I only need hot water for the basin, kitchen sink and occasionally if we decide to take a bubble bath (although the shower can provide hot water).

I am not keen on products like Megaflow, as they very big and take up too much space, plus dont want hassle of annual maintenance. Although I like the idea, that it is a pressurised system.

I did consider electric combi boilers, but I would need to upgrade the electrics.

This is for a two bed flat. So needs our modest.

Sponsored Links
That flatback is 25 or 50 litres. I think you'll need about 100 litres for a bath, which is usually assumed to be made up of 60 litres of hot mixed with 40 litres of cold, but hot temperatures are more restricted nowadays so less cold gets mixed in.

Really if you want to fill a bath from electric hot water you need 100 litres stored hot water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back