Small Euro cylinder wanted but can't find one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a log cabin with a wooden door. This is fitted with a Euro cylinder.
I want to replace the cylinder so have removed it and measured it.

It is 60mm total length.

The 3 sections from inside to outside measure 20mm 10 mm 30mm
Some suppliers would call this a 20-10-30

Or measuring from inside to screwhole centre is 25mm and from outside to screwhole centre is 35mm.
Most suppliers would call this a 25/35

Anyway, I cannot find one. Seems my best bet is to fit a 35/35 with the additional 10mm on the inside.

Any thoughts please ?

Thanks,

andytw

Sponsored Links
If I used a 30/30 then when fitted it would recessed and below the fascia plate on the outside of the door which would not look nice.
But, yes, its a thought thanks.

andytw

Or measuring from inside to screwhole centre is 25mm and from outside to screwhole centre is 35mm.
Most suppliers would call this a 25/35

Well you've lost me now, if from the outside measured to the screw hole is 35mm why won't a 30mm do it, if it does fall below the face plate then fit a 35mm, you can get 30/30, 30/35 in any case

Sponsored Links
OK thanks, apologies if I have muddled things.

The 35mm at the front isn't the issue. Yes, I can get 35mm and from the outside it will look the same.
The problem, not that it is a big problem I accept that, is that I was trying to locate a 25 mm on the back so that it looked the same and did not protrude into the room.

If I can get a 30/35 then that would do me.

andytw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back