small perimeter wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we want to put a 400 high (approx) perimeter wall around the front lawn on the pavement side to stop people walking on our grass
i have seen a wall which is interlocking and has batter on the blocks and they dont need mortar.
they are grey concrete blocks and have a rough stone like texture on the front sloping face.
i have googled quite a bit but so far am getting products which are either industry type retaining walls or expensive cut stone walls for fancy garden applications.
i assume if i dig down behind the public footpath heel kerb and set up a strip foundation that would be sufficient to set up the wall.
we would put a bit of sand/compost/earth behind it and grow some flowers or bushes to add to the height/barrier effect
thanks in advance
cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
What's the question?

what type of block is it i am looking for which
"i have seen a wall which is interlocking and has batter on the blocks and they dont need mortar.
they are grey concrete blocks and have a rough stone like texture on the front sloping face."
could be this one or one similar
interlocking, no mortar, able to be set at a vertical angle...doesnt have to be grey but for price i would assume concrete is the cheapest

woody you are a star

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/small-perimeter-wall.465529/#ixzz4IdWizXhK

Try Bradstone. They do interlocking wall blocks that look like random stone. They might need to be glued together.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back