smart controlling for Vaillant Ecotec plus (multi zone)

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
I am planning on replacing old boiler in next days.
I will install vaillant ecotec plus.
Currently I am using old honeywell thermostats (HR UK80 on each radiator) to control 4 zones. and a HC60NG Boiler module.

Now I see new age boilers have modular heating options (not just ON/OFF relay) and it works with Vaillant thermostats only (EBUS)

I am willing to buy new regulation thermostats but I want to make it right! ( honeywell EVOhome , homematic IP...) (perhaps I could use some old components)

I need help. can I or can I not control multi zone with ebus?
what sould I use?
would it be better to use Vsmart or VRC470f from vaillant and forget zones?

thank you in advance,
marko

Sponsored Links
So you're in Slovenia. What makes of controls are available?

Have no idea. Not much in local stores I think... otherwise anything I can buy online:)
with vaillant (combi gas boiler) I can get vsmart or VRC470f.
For self build I was thinking about EVOhome or homematic IP, just because of ease of use and installation. Now I am confused because I think I can only regulate ON/OFF with those and dont know if it would be ok like that or better to use modularity of boiler which can give different power output regarding to outside temp etc... (couldnt find any info about regulation with multiple zones that would easily connect to Vaillants eBUS)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back