SmartSwitch external light timer help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just moved into a late 1980's house which has some type of timer controller for two external lights. It simply has a dial which as you turn moves to a time. It seems pushing the dial flashes a red led on the timer and turns the light on, pressing it again turns it off straight away. I don't have the foggiest idea how to use it to program it. Any help would be appreciated, it has a sticker of SmartSwitch. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_9753.JPG
    IMG_9753.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I can'r be sure but I believe that the button operates as a normal On-Off switch but if the switch is On when the displayed time is reached then the switch is turned Off

To note that the light does come on when the dial is pushed and also turns off when the dial is pushed.
Playing about with it if I double push it, the led stays red and allows me to move the dial to a time but it didn't turn off at the time I moved it to.

Sponsored Links
What is the "on <----> clear / off" text referring to? Is there another switch on the bottom edge?
Have you lookedinside it yet? (I guess not, based on the "security" sticker.). There might be some manufacturer's info inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back