Smeg dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Smeg dishwasher runs for a few minutes and then beeps and stops. Programme does not run for long enough to open dishwasher tablet compartment. Have tried cleaning filters. Any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Linda S said:
My Smeg dishwasher runs for a few minutes and then beeps and stops. Programme does not run for long enough to open dishwasher tablet compartment. Have tried cleaning filters. Any other suggestions?

Check the instruction manual, Smeg often use the program lights to give an error code.

Suspect the evacuation pump. Is there more water at the bottom than usual?

Which model no. is it?

Cheers, Simes.

Model DI612C. The indicator lights indicate "safety level", which apparently means the system which limits the water level inside the dishwasher has been tripped. Not obviously any extra water in machine. Switched off and restarted but didn't help. Can I do anything to the evacuation pump or any other suggestions?
Thanks.

Have you had problems with the electricity supply? Flickering lights or even power cuts?
It appears that your machines pcb has defaulted to factory settings and needs to be reset.

Sponsored Links
Not been aware of any power failure. Can we reset the dishwasher our selves? We did try switching off at the socket after the problem began but it made no difference. Thanks.

I'm guessing that you're getting either an E2 or an E9 error code.
If so, open the door, switch it off, switch it on and immediately press the program button 4 times within 3 seconds. (Don't wait for any lights when you switch it on, just quickly press the button 4 times).
The two end lights should light up. Press the program button and one of the lights should go off.
Switch it off for about 20 seconds, switch it on, switch it off for about 20 seconds, switch it on and it should be reset.
If resetting doesn't cure it, check that the base isn't flooded and the anti flood device activated.
If you're getting any other error code don't do the reset, just post the lights that are flashing, 1 being left and 5 being right.

It looks like an E2 code. The 2nd light flashes and the 5th light is on. Nothing changed when we followed the instructions and there is no obvious water in the machine when you open the door. Any other ideas?
Thanks.

Check for water in the base of the machine, not the tub.
Drain the water from the base, if there is any, and the machine will reset itself.
If there's no water follow the reset procedure as previously described.
You must get the two end lights lit first before you can carry out the rest of the reset procedure.
If you can't get the two end lights lit then it's possibly a faulty pcb. At this point I'd recommend getting an engineer in to diagnose further. Parts can be quite expensive.

Engineer called this morning. Faulty PCB. £120 + VAT + call out charge so not worth doing even though machine is only 15 months old.
Thanks for all your help!

:LOL: Many thanks Sleepyhead, this worked for me and my dishwasher is now up and running again. Thanks again.

For the advice above.

I had a problem with my 710 and after soaking up 2-3 inches of water that were in the tub at the bottom and performing the reset, its now working!

Eddseven :D

I'm guessing that you're getting either an E2 or an E9 error code.
If so, open the door, switch it off, switch it on and immediately press the program button 4 times within 3 seconds. (Don't wait for any lights when you switch it on, just quickly press the button 4 times).
The two end lights should light up. Press the program button and one of the lights should go off.
Switch it off for about 20 seconds, switch it on, switch it off for about 20 seconds, switch it on and it should be reset.
If resetting doesn't cure it, check that the base isn't flooded and the anti flood device activated.
If you're getting any other error code don't do the reset, just post the lights that are flashing, 1 being left and 5 being right.

I've just had a problem with a DWI45.1 where there were no indicator lights and the heating element was permanently on!! I was quoted £213 +VAT to fix so thought that I'd try the reset sequence above and hey presto it worked.

Thanks

Ian

Thank you Sleepyhead. I followed your instructions and they worked.
Thanks again
Richmok

Hi,

I too am having trouble with a DI612C and an E2 error code.
Unfortunately the reset method does not work with me.
Nothing happens when I try pressing the button 4 times using the correct method above.
However I can hold down the program button and it ends its cycle and I can start a new one but exactly the same thing happens.
I have checked the tray underneath for water and it's all dry.
It appears to filling and draining fine.
Does this sound like a pcb fault?

This is exactly what happens:
It fills fine and rinses for a while then drains fine.
Fills again rinses for a while again then as its draining the second time it beeps 3 times and the code appears although it finishes draining still then sits quiet with the code showing.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Magnus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back