Smelly Drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just found this website and I feel I might get somewhere now!
We have experienced a foul - sulphurous smell from the drains outside the backdoor which occurs when you flush the toilet first thing in the morning or indeed after a gap of around 6-8 hours. This smell has been there for 8 years. We have paid for a CCTV diagnosis costing £300 and they have said that it 'may' be due to dislodged underground waste pipework. But, this is apparently going to cost a further £1000+ to reline. We simply cannot afford this, so have left it. It doesn't get worse and is babearable

However, I am concerned about leaving a fault in the pipework, and the smell is not pleasant, although it does go after about a minute. Also, we want to move soon, and am worried about what a surveyor will find.

So - does anyone have any ideas about this problem. Should we get in the drainage company or a plumber??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back