Smelly Sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Our house is 2 years old and there is a smell in the kitchen, not sure where it is comming form, but possibly the sink, we have a dishwasher that has it's own waste pipe, the sink had a P Trap, will it make any diffference if I replace this with a bottle trap?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Bottle traps are more prone to blockage than a p trap on a sink.
Is the trap got water in it ?
Has the sink got an overflow ?

Thanks for that :D

Yes, the P Trap does have water in it.

The main sink doesn't have an overflow, but the 1/2 sink does, but we don't use that much.

I did take the P trap off and clean the pipes, there was a bit of 'Sludge' in them.

The smell could be the washing machine, that has black mold around the rubber that we can't remove, I will have to have a sniff around :eek:

Thanks again

Steve

Pour some bleach down the sink over flow and run the washing machine on a service wash, which is set the machine on its hottest wash and let it run full cycle with no cloths or detergent.

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back