Smoke alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im putting an extension on the side of my house. Does this mean i now have to fit a smoke alarm in my house?

Sponsored Links
Yes but only a battery one, i read in 16th edition about it being connected to mains with out RCD (not sure how i can do that as my box is RCD protected) I get confused when reading regulations at times so not sure if it counts when extending the building

Ahhhh,

Was a little worried for a second there, urm i don't know about the regs for an extension but i'm sure one of the more knowledgeable guys will be along shortly to tell you.

All the best
Dan

Sponsored Links
Building regs normall require mains powered smoke alarms to be fitted to at least the hall and landing.

As for how many and where, have a look on your plans. They should look like a circle with opposite quadrants filled and usually 'SM', 'OPT' or 'HT' near it to define the type to be fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back