Smoke/fire detector that connects to home alarm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Scantronic manual suggests that a fire detector can be connected to one of the hard wired zones, but I can't find any on Google. What exactly are they called?

This is for my workshop, so a loud alarm sounds if there's a fire, and can be heard across the garden in my house.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Menvier 12 would have been another option...

Don't try and test the Texecom for heat alone - it needs smoke too. It does mention this in the blurb somewhere but it's easy to miss!

Sponsored Links
I highly recommend you to buy an advanced home security system which has a properly working smoke alarm so it reduces the chances of risks and always find a faster way to escape from your workshop when there is an emergency and also teach your children how to respond to the smoke alarms as your home is near the workplace and lastly keep emergency numbers near the phone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back