smoke / heat / fire alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be renovating a house from scratch and was thinking about fitting smoke and heat detectors.

I know you can get some that are linked together that all go off if one is triggered and they are powered by the mains but i don't know what to search for when selecting a product.

I was thinking about a heat detector in the kitchen and smoke detectors up and downstairs in the hallways.

Is this a little overkill for a house? if not can anyone recommend any units?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Mains powered detectors are good choice for domestic application. Find with built in radio link so not to run hardwire link between. Note what such detectors are equipped with internal battery what needs to be replaced every 3-4 years.
And yes, heat in kitchen, smoke in hallway and top of staircase are minimal requirements to protect your escape route.

look up aico they are very good. You could wire interlink as you a refurbing it will be cheaper. you can also run them from the lighting circuits too, look at their site for configurations etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back