Snow pictures! (picture heavy)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been snapping this morning, looking out of the windows of course!

The snow fell very thickly last night for half an hour, then this morning for an hour or so it was like a blizzard.

The worst seems to be over now, its brightening up a bit.

Photo021.jpg

Photo020.jpg

Photo019.jpg

Photo018.jpg

Photo017.jpg

Photo016.jpg

Photo015.jpg

Photo014.jpg

Photo013.jpg

Photo012.jpg

Photo011.jpg

Photo010.jpg

Photo009.jpg

Photo008.jpg

Photo007.jpg

Photo006.jpg

Edited to correct photo links (created new album on photobucket)

Sponsored Links
We've had snow pretty much all night since 19:00 yesterday, and there's still a bit coming down. More heavy snowfall forecast for this afternoon and this evening. Last measured in the front garden at just over 7" deep.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

8 inches down here and more expected, still we were able to go sledging this morning! amazing what you can knock up out of an old bread crate, some handrail and metal trunking for the runners. Left the shop bought ones for dead when i tried it! (thats mrs T not me pulling it!)
view over shoreham at 10.30 am
view of the main A27 at 10.30am!
view of some trees!

Sponsored Links
another one for good measure!
img0687vs7.jpg

This is Carolines workshop from "island parish" fame!
ok Thermo, hows about the size of these flakes :LOL:

Richardp's last two pictures are so obviously photoshopped! Snow indeed! how long did it take to blot out that glorius sunshine and replace it with all those white blobs?? eh? eh? come on you're not fooling anyone :evil:

in fact if you pan it left youll see him standing there in his beach shorts in front of the bbq! :LOL:

"There's snow business like show business"

Nice pics but the media/news lot have got right on my tits all bloody day on and on - "it's snowing". So what? It's winter? Light a fire and keep warm. What do they think people did 50 years ago?

I wonder if this little "flurry" will shut the global warming theorists up?

The TV news channels always get excited when there is a thin coating of snow over the country, and love showing clips
of motorists who don't know how to drive in slightly slippery conditions, and pictures of schools closed
at the slightest excuse.

It must suit the government, though, because it keeps the really bad news
out of the headlines.

I wonder if this little "flurry" will shut the global warming theorists up?

Have you seen The Day After Tomorrow?

If not, in short, it theorises how global warming can lead to a big freeze.

"There's snow business like show business"

Nice pics but the media/news lot have got right on my **** all b****y day on and on - "it's snowing". So what? It's winter? Light a fire and keep warm. What do they think people did 50 years ago?

Dead right - i know we don't seem to get typical weather patterns in the UK any more but have people really forgotten that in the summer its supposed to be warm and sunny and in the winter it's supposed to be cold with snow? It's probably the most snow we've had here for many years (although i seriously question that we haven't had this much where i live for 18years). Why do we have to over-react to everything that happens. Just go out and enjoy the snow before it all melts!!!

Sponsored Links
Back