Soil Pipe Fall - advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm moving the WC in our bathroom which is on the ground floor. The soil pipe currently drops vertically about 850mm to the bottom of the crawl space under the floor where it is connected to a 90 deg bend taking the waste outside.

The new toilet outlet will be approx 2m away from the existing outlet. Am I better to run the new soil pipe from the WC to the existing 90 deg bend (ie at about 25 deg) or am I better to have a slight fall from the WC outlet until it is over the 90 deg bend and then drop vertically?

If its the latter what is the correct fall? I think I read somewhere else on the forum 1 in 40 is right?

Thanks

F

Sponsored Links
Hi
I think I read somewhere else on the forum 1 in 40 is right?
That’s fine; 18mm per metre is the minimum for soil but a fall of 25 degrees is far too steep let along 40 degrees :confused:

It maybe me but I think there might be some confusion here; if the fall is too great over a run of any appreciable distance the ****e won’t flow away with the water, possibly leading to the obvious nasty results. :eek:

As it's on the ground floor, do you have a vented soil stack or an AAV fitted? If not you then it won’t comply with Building Regs.

Sponsored Links
On this occasion I will agree that DIA will have known it was 1:40 and it was a brain to keyboard interface error!

Tony

Guys,

many thanks, existing soil pipe is vented outside (2 pipe system?) so hopefully no problems.

Thanks again.

F

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back