Soil Pipe fall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a toilet installed in an upstairs bathroom. There is a run of approx. 15 ft. to the outside wall. The depth of the joists is 7". Would this allow enough fall for the soil pipe? Once outside there is no problem.
I have been considering a Saniflow but having read so many negative comments I would prefer not to go there :eek:
Appreciate any advice please

Sponsored Links
Recommended fall is 44mm per metre, 15ft is 4.6m = recommended fall of 202mm over the run

Absolute minimum fall is 18mm per metre, giving you a minimum fall of 83mm over the run. Joists are 175mm, pipe is 130mm diameter with fittings giving you an available 45mm of fall, or just under half the minimum required

In short, time to change your plans!

Recommended fall is 44mm per metre, 15ft is 4.6m = recommended fall of 202mm over the run

Absolute minimum fall is 18mm per metre, giving you a minimum fall of 83mm over the run. Joists are 175mm, pipe is 130mm diameter with fittings giving you an available 45mm of fall, or just under half the minimum required

In short, time to change your plans!
I don't disagree - the figures speak for themselves - But if it was in my house I would still install it with an access behind the pan and one opposite the branch of the T outside - Anything to not have a Sanyflow(y)

Thanks. Will take your advice. I'm beginning to think that anything is better than the dreaded Saniflo.

Sponsored Links
Provided it's a straight run from back of pan to outside, and you fit rodding access, (preferably outside in case you do need it!), you may get away with a absolute minimum of 1:100 fall. If my calculations are correct, (don't rely on them!) then that is 45mm over the 15ft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back