Soil Pipe Weathering Collar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've sprung a leak where rain is dripping in adjacent to the soil pipe. We're having the full roof redone later in the year so don't want to spend a fortune patching it up. What's your advice on how best to do it? And can I do it myself?

I was thinking about buying and fitting one of these but have no idea how to do it (I could guess but I'd like it to last 6 months at least!). Thoughts? Advice?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/black-weathering-collar/25918

Thanks folks - appreciate your support.
C

Sponsored Links
Has the pipe exit point got a lead slate weathering it at present?

The skirt you have shown is used in conjunction with a standard lead slate. Using a lead multi-slate means you can do without the skirt.

The skirt on its own is useless. If you do decide you need a lead slate then this can be fitted and later re-used when you have your roof done. All they will do is lift the slate then slide it back down when tiling the roof.

Use a pitched multi-slate, these are more versatile than standard lead slates. You would need to glue the skirt if you decided on a standard pitched lead slate and this would make removal difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back