solar water

H

hav it

how many of you chaps have been installing solar pannel water heating and cylinders. whats the install like to do.

Sponsored Links
They are a piece of cake to fit provided you like crawling about on a roof, I have always connected them to an unvented, don't know if you can connect to a vented system

They are a piece of cake to fit provided you like crawling about on a roof, I have always connected them to an unvented, don't know if you can connect to a vented system

Yes you can as the Solar side will be sealed its self.

I have completely come out of solar, as it was a complete waste of time for the comsumer if they thought they were going to save money.

They would get more return by investing the installation cost in a high interest account.

Sponsored Links
'Fraid I cant comment on how good they are since they have only recently fitted them and it's not ideal solar weather.. I do guess that they will take a while to pay for themselves, if ever but we are all taking a gamble on the price of gas remaining "Reasonable" My money would be on an air to water heat pump for the future, the Japanese have some really good stuff on test in Japan so will make it's way over here in the next few years. There are some heat pumps available now but have limited water temperature.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYwoHtrXN0 I'm afraid that it is all in Japanese but here is an animation of the Daikin Ecocute

Prefer the Zenith system, easy fix panels and trac pipe, some customers do expect an immediate return on investment, all depends on roof location as to amount of free (if theres such a thing) water.
When they are working well the water is usually very wet and hot.

Just thinking about getting the cylinder down the scrap merchants, definitely need a bigger van.

This system takes solar to a new level.
Just do the calcs. 205000 ltrs is 205 tonnes, no? Lets hope the welds hold. The construction cost is 2m euros, and the solar heating is 10%, and there's 8 apartments. So 200000/8 = 25000 eu for each apartment. That's an investment of around £17,500 for (untested) free heating. I don't know whether I'd go for that. As the apartments are rented I can't see the developers giving the 'free' heating away. I am a little sceptical about the capacity in a Swiss winter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back