Some forums not showing updated topics properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In fact, AFAICT, none of them except Electrics UK are working properly.

This is typical of what I see in Electrics UK:

ia93.jpg

So... "Earth rods.." is a topic I've looked at, hence the pale blue colour, and has new posts since I last visited it.

"Extraction....", "Humidistat...." & "Intermediate...." I have not visited yet, hence dark blue, and the others I have all looked at, but have no new posts.

This is all fine.

But Building Regulations and Planning Permission is not

Screen_Hunter_65_Oct_07_18_03.jpg

The second one, "Neighbour has...." has had new posts since I last looked at it, but there's no flag. Ditto the 5th, 6th & 8th topics.

Same problem with Electrics Outside UK

aeql.jpg

The 1st one, "Where to buy...." has had a new post since I last looked at it.

This makes it very hard to keep track of things.

I'm not aware of any per-forum settings which could be wrong, si I think the problem must be at your end....

[EDIT]One image re-uploaded thanks to those utter w*nkers at Imageshack who keep randomly losing stuff[/EDIT]

Sponsored Links
Have you tried clearing your cookies, then accepting them again when you next visit?

I'll try to explain how the sessions/unread posts works (simplified).

You visit the site at time A, browse the site and leave.

Much later at time B you re-visit. Any post that has been made since time A is marked as unread.

Much much later at time C you re-visit once more. Again, any post that has been made since time B is marked as unread, BUT any post that you did not read between A and B is not marked as unread.

In other words your last visit time is used to decide what is marked as unread.

If you are regularly browse the same forum (e.g. electrics) then you may have not noticed this behaviour before.

Sponsored Links
I think there is definitely something else wrong because when I first revisit the Painting and Decorating Forum, all new topics and unread posts within threads are highlighted. When I then read one, and subsequently click the back button, it goes back to show only topics up until 30th December that I've already read and the latest topic I then see is 'filling between paint layers' by DIYedboy and the last reply reply was 30th December by dcdec.

This only happens in the Painting and Decorating section for me and only when I use the back button. If I click on the 'Painting and Decorating' subforum header to go back, everything works normally with the right topics and replies highlighted.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Back