Sony Bravia tuning problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have any bright ideas for a digital tuner that's not working? We've just had 'switchover'so never used the digital tuner before but the tv is out of warranty and won't pick up the digital signal. I've tested the aerial and cable on another tv and it works fine so it's a tv problem. It's a Sony Bravia KDL - lovely telly but not much use at the mo. I'm trying to find a way to restore factory defaults but all the codes I've found so far don't work!

Sponsored Links
It would be slightly unusual to find that the analogue TV tuner works and the digital one does not. I'd normally expect all or nothing.

First thoughts.... you do know that you have to press a button on the remote to flip from the analogue tuner to the digital one, right?

The analogue tuner won't pick up digital signals. I mean, why would it? It's an analogue tuner and not a digital tuner, of course. Anyway, some TVs have a button marked TV/DTV for this. Others do it via the input switching menu. Read your manual to see what applies to you. Put the TV in Digital Tuner Mode and do the tuning procedure.

Come back to us when you have tried this and let us know the outcome.

Thanks - done all that and more - the other telly that works fine off the same connection is a Bravia as well! I think it's only hope is a reset to default settings but I don't think I can do it without a code

Sponsored Links
It runs through, slows a couple of times and gives a no stations found message and tells me to check the aerial, which is fine

Apart from the obvious - faulty tuner or connection - the only thing I can think of is that it might require a firmware update. In view of the fact that it was impossible to test until now, I think you have fair grounds to ask the supplier to fix it at minimal cost. The SOG Act gives you the right to a fair hearing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back