Sony DVD Recorder RDR-HXD870 Software problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dvd recorder is not working not showing any channels, after 'F'ing about returning resetting & still no joy, thought I would look at new one as its 2009 model. Go online & I see there is a Sony software update, so down load follow instructions, cant get it to update.
Did further searches seems Sony have a problem, (glad others have issues & not just me)it seems there is an issue Sony products relating to epg.
So join Sony community for help & to rant, what a crap site, it wont let me reply.
Has anyone on diynot got the problem, I think I should be able to machine back to Sony store for them to install software.

Edit
I can post now & have.
Ok so now updated firmware & you have to tell it you are in France.
No EPG so its all manual recorder settings.

Sponsored Links
Yep, had the same with the same machine since the 19th, and found this this morning (shamelessly copied from DigitalSpy page )....

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1857171&page=2

This worked well on my machine and seems to have solved the problem. if you are stuck in 'update' and can't get the machine to power on at the start, pull out the aerial feed, pull the mains, and reconnect the mains ONLY, then try the procedure. That is what I had to do, and it worked.

HTH

Colin

Quote:

I have however discovered a way to get the EPG back:

TRY THIS FIRST.
1. Go to System Menu -> Initial Setup -> Digital Tuner ->Replace Channels -> Next Screen.
2. Select Belgium (or anything other than UK) as the country.
3. Select Return once progress bar reaches 1% or higher.
4. Go to Basic -> EPG Type Select.
5. Select Guide (digital) if not already set.
6. Press System Menu and your channels and EPG should be back after changing channels.

Its all been sorted now. There was an auto update.
Even got a mention on the BBC news web site, people emailed them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back