Sound proofing membrane below wood floor boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, Im looking to install a new floor covering. We have just finished repairing an existing floor using T&G 22mm chipboard. We are now looking to cover this with real wood flooring i.e. Oak boards, something like "Antico Brown Solid Oak Flooring" from bandq.

I would like to add some sort of anti highheal sound proofing, and was looking at this "Sika Silent Layer Mat 3mm". but also I'm not entirely sure what to put under these boards when fitting. Do I need some hardwood/foam etc or do they go straight onto the chipboard? Also I notice some options for fixing, secret screw/glue etc. Any opinions on these options?

cheers.

Sponsored Links
hi as yet nothing, when I complete the ceiling below I will fill the gaps with 100mm rockwool.

Sponsored Links
hi Hole of the Fox, thanks for the suggestion, have you used this yourself? the reviews are very interesting :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back