Sounder for Veritas Excel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About time to change the external sounder on my alarm as it is over 20 years old so what would you experts recommend ?. I am looking for one with good LEDs that can be clearly seen flashing at all times as some seem very hard to see even on the darkest nights.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Texecom do a decent range of sounders that are as simple to connect to a Texecom panel as A to A, B to B, C to C, D to D and S to S.
I have found them to be reliable and give very few problems, they have two alternating LED's when commissioned that aren't the brightest around but are easily visible at dusk.

If you really want it to stand out, Pyronix do a fully illuminated sounder

........................... If you really want it to stand out, Pyronix do a fully illuminated sounder
Awful looking thing, one of them goes up near me I'll be on to environmental health at the council, totally over the top, a toy and a nuisance at night.
Can't think of anything good to say about it.

........................... If you really want it to stand out, Pyronix do a fully illuminated sounder
Awful looking thing, one of them goes up near me I'll be on to environmental health at the council, totally over the top, a toy and a nuisance at night.
Can't think of anything good to say about it.

Totally agree, one near to where I live, whenever I drive by it at night i shake my head. It really looks tacky.

But that's why I tend to fit Texecom, they do a number of neat designs and no call backs.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for those comments it looks like it will be a Texecom then. Is there much benefit in having the one with two sirens?

Yes definitely with the texecom as we have had a fair few fail on the Sounders !, now fitting delta bells ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back