Sourcing sliding triple glazed patio doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

for an ongoing project, I am looking to source a single set of triple glazed timber patio doors. Not particularly large - aperture 1.8m wide, 2m high. Two panes, left pane fixed, right sliding (could be lift and slide). Outer, and potentially inner to be painted (factory or otherwise).

I could consider:
- passiv haus standard doors
- reasonable U patio doors, from a standard manufacturer
- need a warranty of sensible length

I would not consider
- uPVC U
- Double glazing
- folding doors

It seems an easy query, but I really struggling via web. Either sites offer (relatively) poor U values, lift and fold (extensive options), but few slide only.

Most of the passivHaus manufacturers are fully bespoke, and many are unresponsive, waiting 7+ days for any replies let alone quotes.

Anyone got any suggestions of reliable suppliers and/or off the shelf products that might meet this need? No idea where the trade would go for this kind of item.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I get your point, but I'm busy M-F, 9-5, travelling extensively overseas and can't just racking up massive roaming bills whilst trying to source materials - especially for relatively specific requirements. I had a similar issue with windows, and ended up just not working with suppliers who could not correspond by email or provide electronic copies of quotations. Thankfully quite a few suppliers are effective like this now, but I can see why so much trade is shifting to direct portal sales and 7x24 online sites.

Sponsored Links
(to avoid any duplication in suggestions I have already approached... Olsen, Katzbeck, VuFold, LivingWood. Also looking for other potential sources, especially if not 'made to measure' long lead time services).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back