spare key in locked car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have lost my key and the spare is in the car. i have a new corsa. has anyone had problems like this before?

car burglars please get in touch

Sponsored Links
You do know if your car is stolen and you cannot provide all the keys your insurance arnt likely to pay out?

Are you in the AA/RAC? They will gain access for you :)

Failing that, brick+window = access, a new window is not that much and its quite easy to fit.

as KingboyD said if your car is stolen with a key in it, its goodby car, if not in the AA or RAC smash side window.

Phone local windscreen place If they have one and you have cover this is the probably the cheapest window to replace. If you go the root

Locksmith is probably the best option. they only need to lift the catch but getting harder these days

How new is the car If you have the card or ownership proof VX will programme a new one for you to get in may be a cheaper option.(as you need a spare anyway)

You will not need the key cut just the alarm programmed if you wish to save cash

Sponsored Links
If it is new then why not just phone the dealership where you bought it from, they can probably get a key cut from numberplate - I doubt you even need a coded key just to open the door.

You don't say how old the car is, but if it's the very latest Corsa, they are difficult to gain access to. I have done it, but it took me approximately an hour to do. I didn't damage the car in any way. I can't place the information on here for obvious reasons. The easier way is to take your registration document and some other I.D to your local dealer. They will supply you with a code number. Take this to a (good) local locksmith, and he can cut a key for you if the dealer can't. It may not start the engine, but it will get you in.

Back