Spare Parquet Floor Adhesive

Discussion in 'Floors, Stairs and Lofts' started by brendan02071961, 6 Jan 2005.

This topic originated from the How to page called Wood block / Parquet floors.

1. brendan02071961

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm looking for some Styccobond product that someone might have left over from a job. I've tried the main suppliers but they won't send me the stuff unless I pay for a courier at £250!! The total value os only £40 any way.

I'm in Brighton and need enough Styccobond C141 Cleaner, F70 Primer and F21 Bitumen to do 30 square metres. Can anyone help?

Brendan

2. WoodYouLike

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Where are you based? One of our suppliers (in Kent) does the products you are after.We might be of help?

3. chappers

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Brendan are you already half way through the job or could you use another brand

4. brendan02071961

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Dear DIYers

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my request for Styccobond products. I went in and complained to the supplier in Brighton about their prices and in the stroke of a pen they brought the price down from £90 to £52. My supplier is Potts Ward & Woodcock Ltd in Brighton if anyone want some more.

So, next question is whats the logic for laying parquet blocks? I've laid them out dry and got the hang of it and they way they fit together in a herringbone fashion with a two block boarder. So, do you put all the tongues away from you or towards you as you work and do you fill all the triangular gaps at the boarder as you go or after you've finished

Brendan