Speaker cone pushed in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I had this portable iPod speaker for about 90 minutes before one of the kids pushed in the delicate plastic bits in the middle of both cones with their finger, as pic below.

Is there any way of getting it back to normal?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You can stick an empty bog roll over the cone and suck the other end by the way, to save getting a load of gob all over the speaker itself. I'm bored and googling this btw, when I should be working! :LOL:

Don't use the hoover directly on the cone. I did and it ripped the thing apart!

Mate, I feel for you having suffered a similar experience! My kids even stuffed toys into my subwoofer!

I would be tempted to try using something gentle but sticky (eg tape) to gently try to pull the cones back into shape.

Whether or not the speaker will sound the same will remain to be seen. For an audiophile probably not. For a family man with kids (as I am myself) you'll probably never have the chance to compare!

Hope you manage to resolve it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back