Speaker wire extension

new sparky said:
If you extend the cables with two joints with one at the speaker end and one at the computer end you can hide the joints. You will not see the one behind the computer anyway, and if you make the other close enough to the speaker you will not be able to see it when the speakers are up on their brackets.

This is getting easier (I think!). Let me confirm before I let myself loose with the scissors: 1. I buy enough white extension cable (ask at shop for type?) 2. Cut wire near to speaker. 3. Twist new wire to old (is it colour coded?) and cover with tape. 4. Allow sufficient wire to pin round room. 5. Cut at the other end and twist wires together. 6. Do this for all speakers and Hey Presto!

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for your help will let you know if it works. :?

That will do it Tessa. It aint big. It aint clever and it sure aint pretty ;) but once you find everything is working okay, at least get some small choc blok to replace the cable "twisting"

how's this for an easy girls option...paint the cable white...no cutting..no extra cable..no hastle..just paint

Sponsored Links
smithdelboy said:
how's this for an easy girls option...paint the cable white...no cutting..no extra cable..no hastle..just paint
Damn beat me to it i was going to suggest that too :) but to add, save cutting the cables you can buy RCA plug type extension cables.

kendor said:
smithdelboy said:
Damn beat me to it i was going to suggest that too :) but to add, save cutting the cables you can buy RCA plug type extension cables.

This is the answer I was looking for - knew there must be something easier. I haven't plucked up the courage to cut it yet! :p :

felix said:
insulting tape

I've got some of that! It's quite embarrassing when you open up your toolbox and this little sqeaky voice says

"*!"!!!!***+_(*&^%$$££%^&*("

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back