Speed awareness course

Sponsored Links
My brother got let of for speeding and for drink driving, he was plod at the time.

Off duty police are treated no differently to any other citizens regards being caught speeding and prosecution.

You are also likely to see a large number of on-duty emergency response drivers (police, ambulance, fire etc) avoiding prosecution for obvious reasons.

My brother got let of for speeding and for drink driving, he was plod at the time.
Care to elaborate?

Was he over the limit?

What force was he in?

What rank?

Was there evidence to prosecute?

Was he on duty?

Did he get the sack?

Sponsored Links
Care to elaborate?

Was he over the limit? was not tested

What force was he in? Notts

What rank? Constable

Was there evidence to prosecute? Not arrested

Was he on duty? No

Did he get the sack?
No

So, he wasn't breathalysed and not arrested. What was he getting off with exactly? This was within the last 60 years I take it?

He was probably pulled over by guys from his nick who after recognizing him would then use their discretion and release him with a verbal caution despite reeking of ale. Does happen.

He was probably pulled over by guys from his nick who after recognizing him would then use their discretion and release him with a verbal caution despite reeking of ale. Does happen.
Does it? Do you think that all police, throughout their ranks, are chummy?

You don't know the police all that well if you do.

I was also told by a copper that, if a friend of hers was drink-driving, whether she would nick that friend was in part based on who she was on patrol with; some colleagues would drop the friend home to sober up, others would go straight down the formal route.

Don't drink and drive!

We should be aware that members of the police, like the fire service and the armed services, have to rely on each other to a great extent, sometimes with the threat of death hanging over them.

Do you think that a certain member who habitually stuck to the letter of the law and turned his mates in would feel confident of such support?

It's a matter of degree, I suppose. If one copper witnessed his colleague beat a man to death, I'd like to think he'd report him in the knowledge that his other colleagues would support his decision.

Sponsored Links
Back