Splitting a small plot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya i'm facing a big decision at this time, and i'm hoping to get some advice please.
I have the opportunity to split my land into 2 plots, 1 plot with my home on and sell my home and build a small detached property on plot 2 its small but ample for me to be comfortable in the thought of no mortgage.

I know I would need planning permission over all or moving forward with splitting the plot would be pointless, but I wondered what the costs are like legally for the conveyance splitting and re registering.

If I can allow for this and the planning permission before selling the plot then its something I can achieve.

Sadly if its a great amount then its just a dream as would be if the mortgage company wanting some money to release the 2nd plot.
Although the home that would be sold on plot 1 is 3 times that of what is remaining by mortgage, so it would be paid and enough money to rebuild
Any advise would be great

Sponsored Links
dont have a clue really

you will need planning
in general each plot will have to be say 2 or 3 times the building footprint
small plots will seldom be big enough to split

if you reduce the plot by around 50% the main property will reduce in value by perhaps 25-40

as i say i dont have a clue :cool:

Hi Big all
I was quite syrprised how much the house is still worth it only looses 10% of the price removing the land so im very lucky, Ive a quick sketch from a planner visit a few years back so hoping Plannin should go ok. Its just costing the splitting now. Ill also work out the sq foot as soon as possible. :)

Sponsored Links
As the New building is basicaly a Double garage with a roof bedroom ive been advised
to use a draughtsman to save money rather thsn.an architect. never been sure of the difference but everythings helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back