Splitting an existing planning permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is probably a stupid question... I have planning permission to convert my garage to a bedroom, add a pitched roof on the garage and build a flat roofed utility linking the garage and the house. Now we have got quotes in it is looking too expensive to do the whole thing, so I was thinking of just doing the utility which is the most important bit for us and leaving the garage as is.

I know you have to re-apply if you make substantial changes to your plans, but do you have to re-apply if you are just doing half the work? I will probably have to re-do the building regs plans as there will be some internal changes - the wall between the garage and the utility will need insulating now, but I could do without going back to PP.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
No, believe it or not, provided you actually start within the three year period, you have the rest of time to finish it off.

Sponsored Links
Yes once "Implemented" (started substantially) you have an indefinite period to finish within planning rules. There are some powers the council could use to enforce completion but they are rarely used apart from in extreme circumstances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back