spot the errors..

Sponsored Links
Wrong colour tails used for the incoming tails.

Or maybe correct colours but in the wrong terminals.

Sponsored Links
Quite apart from the interesting matter (labelling) being discussed, isn't the amount of space (or lack of it) below the MCBs a bit ridiculous?

Kind Regards, John

yes i had to pull the tails out and swap them round. P.I.T.A. when you have took time to get them in the *right place to begin with.
I never use a retractable blade stanley they are dangerous in my opinion.
The reason i thought i would try the proteus was the amount of wiring room i thought there was ABOVE the breakers.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :D :cool:
(the smileys are from my 4yr old son hes intrigued)

they can retract when using them resulting in your hand slipping ... the blade can rotate and come through the case resulting in a deep cut on your first finger ... fixed blade ones are much safer
I have to say that I agree with all that, and more. I've had some potentially nasty incidents and near-incidents with retractable ones in my time. They may be safer when not in use, but when one starts using them, a fixed blade is, IMO, much safer.

Kind Regards, John

bought an irwin for 8 quid. the blade constantly was left behind in work plaster or whatever. got to the point i lost confidence inputting pressure on it.
spoke to many plasterers who advised fixed blade knife. Bought one never looked back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back