spur via junction box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to add two sockets to a ring main in a bedroom. I\\\'ve done one via a 30A junction box on the ring main cable I accessed under the floorboards just near an existing socket. As the existing socket is on the ring there are two cables coming from the socket. One of which I have put a junction box on for the first spur. Can I add another junction box and spur to the second cable of the ring that is connected to the socket?

Sponsored Links
Why in the world would you want to do that?

Technically yes, you can. A much more sensible way to use the two junction boxes would be to connect the new sockets into the ring rather than running then as spurs.

Will you still be able to acess the junction boxes when they are under the floor and covered with carpet/laminate flooring?
I agree with the above, do it properly and include the two new sockets into the ring, all legal, and no JBs!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Yes. That's what I'll do.

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back