stables / residential / business change of use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello every ,its my first time posting here but ewould very much appreciate other peoples input but I will apologise for long rambling story
I have chance to buy a plot of 1.3acres with a so called stable already on it planning was granted back in 1999 for the stables the previous owner built these stables to a very high spec eg. Waste water points in 3 areas an up stairs and even timbered roof out for later former windows to be fitted he was obviously looking to convert to house .....
I have spoken to planning and receptionist read me a prepared statement from planner saying unlikely to support a conversion..open countryside. Etc but saying allowing for a possible residential /business use to bring in employment to the area was possible exclusion..
I am thinking to setup as a glamping style of camp site using a room in the stables/ house for showers etc and therefore being both business and residential an bringing tourists into area helping local economy..do any of u haveany thoughts as to acceptance by planning of this and the best course of action for me to take
Much thanks in hopeful expectations. LOL

Sponsored Links
A planning consultant well versed in your local authority's development policies and areas housing needs would be the best bet. Composed top the money you'll spend doing the job, his fee will be buttons

i would ask the present owners if they know off any applications or conversations formal or informal for change off use and how they went
they dont have to tell you the negatives unless you ask
they may have tried that themselves and got nowhere
have you checked for planning applications ??

Hello every ,its my first time posting here but ewould very much appreciate other peoples input but I will apologise for long rambling story
I have chance to buy a plot of 1.3acres with a so called stable already on it planning was granted back in 1999 for the stables the previous owner built these stables to a very high spec eg. Waste water points in 3 areas an up stairs and even timbered roof out for later former windows to be fitted he was obviously looking to convert to house .....
I have spoken to planning and receptionist read me a prepared statement from planner saying unlikely to support a conversion..open countryside. Etc but saying allowing for a possible residential /business use to bring in employment to the area was possible exclusion..
I am thinking to setup as a glamping style of camp site using a room in the stables/ house for showers etc and therefore being both business and residential an bringing tourists into area helping local economy..do any of u haveany thoughts as to acceptance by planning of this and the best course of action for me to take
Much thanks in hopeful expectations. LOL

Sponsored Links
Thanks for both of those comments
I have contacted a local planning consultant and am awaiting a reply from them regarding feasibility haven't managed to get an answer from seller yet. But hope to in near future

Hi. I wish you the very best of luck with your application,I allready run an enterprise very similar to what you describe. Mine actually being run for at least six years.even with animals on site, the L P A do not co cider enough work to employ at least one person,cheers ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back