Staircase handrail profile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of my first ever refurbishment I'm at the point where I need to put the old handrail I'd removed back on the stairs, after being touched-up and given new brackets, and also add another, preferably of the same type (look and size), on another staircase... I have this profile - can anyone tell me what it is?

handrail.jpg

I could ditch it and get two simple new ones in to match, but this is a nice piece of hardwood. All the profiles I've seen so far don't match, but this looks pretty simple - I bet it's got a name, like "hippo face profile" or summat. Any pointers very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
dpm_dpmartin, hi.

Suggest you have a Google search? loads and loads of sites and literally thousands of profiles.

Problem is that to get a dead match is not going to be that easy, yes you will get close but, you will have to be very lucky to find a bang on accurate replacement profile.

As an aside, the profile you have is simple and elegant, but lacks the lower surface rebate

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back