stanley 80k twin series

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , My stanley 80k twin series stopped working yesterday. I ran it for about 3 mins and it just stopped. There is no power going to the programmer in side the front door. I was changing some rads at the time so the system was drained down and my wife switched on the oven side of it. Does it make a difference if the boiler has no water in it while the oven is going. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Has the overheat thermostat tripped?
Are you sure there is no power to the programmer, or has it just lost the display? Have you checked the fuse in the supply?
The boiler does pick up residual heat from the cooker burner and I think there is probably a pump overrun thermostat to prevent overheating. If the pump has been running dry, that may have seized and blown the fuse.

Has the overheat thermostat tripped?
Are you sure there is no power to the programmer, or has it just lost the display? Have you checked the fuse in the supply?
The boiler does pick up residual heat from the cooker burner and I think there is probably a pump overrun thermostat to prevent overheating. If the pump has been running dry, that may have seized and blown the fuse.

I think you are spot on with your comments on this. I have just filled the heating system back up and that side runs perfect. I then put the oven burner on and i seems to be running away for the last hour without a problem. so you are right that the boiler picked up residual heat and the pump kicked in and was running dry but it didn't seize up but mush have over heated and blown the fuse. many thanks for help on this matter i really appriecate it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back