Start Relay/Overload Wiring for Fridge/Freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum.

I have a Hoover HRFA54W fridge/freezer. A few weeks ago, I noticed it had defrosted. There was no sound of the compressor running. Every 3-4 minutes, there was a definitive click, followed around 10 seconds later by another click. I looked this problem up and a number of results suggested replacing the start relay and/or overload.

I ordered replacement parts, and they have now arrived, however I have misplaced the photograph I took of the original wiring.

The start relay is a 3 pin relay (pictured).

Could someone please advise on how this should be wired? I have provided pictures of the four wires.

The brown and blue pair of wires both came from what looks like a capacitor box. The blue and white wires appear to come from what I believe to be a thermostat box, which is then connected to the mains.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a wiring diagram for the unit? That usually has detailed info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back