Starting problems with Vauxhall Corsa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
any mechanics out there. would apprciate your comments.I've recently bought a corsa Envoy 1 ltr (V reg) 2000 with 63K miles on the clock, runs very well, good pick up etc, but now and again it does not start. engin turns fine but it seems it's either not firing or starved of fuel. will start again later without any problems. First time round I though I flooded the engine and left it and started Ok after couple of hours. Now it it has done the same a couple of times and at really at crucial times
any ideas ? where to start (pardon the pun) or what to replace etc I was thinking of changing the plugs and leads to begin with.
cheers
Mo

Sponsored Links
sounds like the crank position sensor is on its way out. part around 35 quid plus vat from partco. ten mins to fit.

Thanks Davieboy

I got a week off work next week so will try fit this, instead of the plugs and points, got Parts Direct near where I live so getting the sensor shouldn't be a problem, I'm just a bit rusty at fitting things now !
incidently car wouldn't start about an hour after I had driven it for an hour today, left it for an hour or so and it was fine

Sponsored Links
spot on davieboy,
had a diagnstic test (45GBP) and two error codes pointed to the crank sensor (40GBP from vauxhall). got this fitted (another (10 GBP) on monday. so far so good, couldn't get to it my self as it tucked above the drive shaft. the only thing now is when I got this fitted noticed the sump covered with oil so it seems thats the next project !!

Back