Stealth Car Tax

That part of the process has never been any different. Refunds were only ever for full months and if you want to use an untaxed car on the road mid-month you have always been liable to pay the tax for that month.

The only significant change has been that a car cannot be sold with tax and refunds are automatically issued to the previous owner.

You think the government introduced this for the benefit of car owners/road users? Did they f**k. It's a revenue raising exercise (and a crafty one at that)

Sponsored Links
Why are folk still making the mistake of allowing people to drive off with the V5c?

The seller keeps the completed V5c and sends it in to the DVLA, the buyer only gets the green slip on the back page as a receipt. That way you won't get any fines etc. ALWAYS send the V5c in by recorded delivery so it has to be signed for and keep the receipt as proof for at least 3 months......longer if the DVLA don't acknowledge the V5c arriving.

The tax issue is a ballache now. It just means folk like me will be driving cars/bikes home with no tax if they can't get onto the likely unreliable phone system.

The only positive is no ***** turning up and haggling for a discount on the car because of the tax being short.

Sponsored Links
Ah, I see. It's just that I remember using the term in my teenage years to describe something quite different! Not that I'm particularly proud of it.

I suppose the acceptability of words changes over time. A hundred years ago, or perhaps less, the term 'mongolian idiot' was an accepted medical term.

I suppose the acceptability of words changes over time. A hundred years ago, or perhaps less, the term 'mongolian idiot' was an accepted medical term.
Yes, I was surprised to read recently that the term 'mongol' is now unacceptable because it is considered insulting to the Mongolian people; not the people to whom it referred.

Yes, I was surprised to read recently that the term 'mongol' is now unacceptable because it is considered insulting to the Mongolian people; not the people to whom it referred.

Not sure that you'll find it acceptable at all by anyone involved

Sadly, the neanderthal like intellect so often displayed on GD forum is evident again.
The term "****" is considered abusive.
A quote from this article, "If you find abuse of disabled people sickening, then please don't use the terminology of bullies and thugs.":
http://www.theguardian.com/society/joepublic/2011/oct/19/ricky-gervais-****-twitter

Hopefully, the "gervais" amongst you will take time to read it.

Also, as usual, some read articles and completely misunderstand the message:
"You can call me Mongol because I am one. " from this article:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-30129358

It's the intent that determines whether a word or an action is abusive and the intent of the use of the word, on this occasion, was evident.
As Richard Herring said, "Just a thought, but if you think **** only means idiot, why not just use the word idiot?"

So, the Mongolian people did not mind, then.
Correct!
A mongol is someone from Mongolia. It describes their ethnicity.

From your earlier post, reprinted above, you gave the impression that you thought the original meaning of mongol was that it referred to someone with Down's Syndrome.

Talk about the intellect of a neanderthal. :rolleyes:

I realise that this is a waste of time and you only want to be obnoxious.

However:

So, the Mongolian people did not mind, then.
Correct!
No, it isn't.

A mongol is someone from Mongolia. It describes their ethnicity.
Yes and they were upset because it is used to refer to people with Down's syndrome with connotations of reduced intelligence for themselves.

From your earlier post, reprinted above, you gave the impression that you thought the original meaning of mongol was that it referred to someone with Down's Syndrome.
No I didn't.

So, you thought that I thought that Mongolian people were so called because they look like people with Down's Syndrome rather than that they come from Mongolia.

If you wish to be insulting for no reason, please be sensible.

I said I was surprised that people from Mongolia were upset which is true.
I was surprised. The fact.

Talk about the intellect of a neanderthal. :rolleyes:
That's quite appropriate from you.
Isn't it now thought Neanderthal people were/are? not as stupid as was believed?

:LOL: :LOL:
It's amazing how someone can be so wrong, yet continue to bluster and squirm trying to claim that they were right.

It is true, and I accept, that I am obnoxious and abrasive, with those who are abusive, even more so to those who are abusive becasue of their own ignorance. I even become abusive towards those that fail to accept their mistakes, especially when it's staring them in their face..

There is no cure for stupidity!

You are correct, they do now believe that neanderthals were not as stupid as first thought, but still stupid!

Now that its reduced to a slanging match. I'm done.

As usual, it's the libertards like Reindeer who are tying themselves up in knots being offended on behalf of groups of people who usually weren't offended in the first place.

Hand-wringers competeing with each other to see who can be the most offended, and parading their pc brainwashing. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back