Stencil Seal??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon All,

Ive recently put a stencil on my kitchen wall and although it took over 4 hours to get it perfect, sections of it keep coming away from the wall.

Does anyone have any ideas on if there is a product on the market that I can apply over the top that will prevent this from happening? I have been told that hairspray might do the trick but I don't want to damage the wall or the writing on the stencil. So I would rather know it WILL work and not MIGHT!

Regards

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. I searched the internet and found an article that said Mod Podge was the product to use. Luckily, and I have no idea why, I had some in the shed. I've put it on with a sponge brush and it's worked a treat. Like you said though, it's left a sheen on the surface but I've used a spirit level and squared it all off so it looks pretty good. To be honest I think PVA would have worked just as good. I'll remember for next time!!

The dead flat varnish is pretty close to matt.

why not just coat the whole wall so that the sheen is constant?

Sponsored Links
Are you saying you've stuck the stencil to the wall, rather than use it as a stencil?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back