Sterling 10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All,

Got a Pyronix Sterling 10 that just shows 'NVM' in the upper left hand corner of both keypads.

I guess its trying to tell me it has a problem with its Non Volitile Memory...... but what exactly? Corrupt?

Panel seems to work Ok though!

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Did you ever find the answer to this, I have a customer with the same issue so can't change any settings as NVM is constantly showing.

The issue started after a power cut and the back up battery went flat as it was old, the battery has been replaced and the NVM reset procedure performed. this has reset all the codes to default but additional setup can't be completed.

Thanks in advance

Alas, No. I never did get to the bottom of it. Even tried calling Pyronix tech support and they couldn't help me.

In the end, I changed the panel to a ADE G4.

Thanks for the info, I suspect the power issue has fried the main PCB so will recommend a replacement.

George

Sponsored Links
Very often Non Volatile Memory is a normal memory chip supplied by an on board battery when the power fails. This can be a button cell soldered into the PCB

Replacing this and reloading the RAM contents restores normal operation.

Sometimes the battery is built into the "chip" and this requires the whole chip to be replaced.

This may or not be applicable to the alarm being discussed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back